HOW TO BENEFIT FROM FREE PRIORITY SERVICES FROM YOUR GAS, ELECTRICITY & WATER SUPPLIERS
Support Available from Your Gas, Electricity or Water Supplier
A Priority Services Register is a free scheme offered by your gas, electricity and water suppliers. Once you register you can receive additional support and services from your suppliers tailored to your needs, many free.
Who can join the free Priority Services Registers?
You qualify if you are: of pensionable age; disabled; chronically sick; blind or partially sighted; deaf or hearing impaired.
If your supplier knows you have health issues or essential medical equipment in your home you will be prioritised in the event of a break to your supply.
How else can your supplier help you?
The exact services vary depending on the supplier, but may include the following services:-
- advance notice or priority re-connection if your supply is interrupted
- alternative facilities for cooking and heating if your supply is interrupted
- bills sent to a relative, carer or friend
- a free quarterly meter reading
- annual gas safety checks
- advice on energy-efficiency
- protection from cold callers with a password protection scheme
- your bills and meter readings in braille, large print, audio tape, textphone or typetalk if you’re visually impaired
For some of the above, customers may need to be means tested.
Contact each of your suppliers to register for Priority Services. A relative, carer or friend can make the call but the customers will need to be present. So why not get signed up today - call each of your utility providers using the numbers below:
British Gas - 0800 072 8625
Eon - 0800 051 1480
EDF - 0800 269 450
SSE - 0800 622 838
npower - 080 172 6999
Scottish Power - 0800 027 0072
Robin Hood Energy 0800 030 4567
Severn Trent Water - 08457 500 500