'EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO LIVE IN A SAFE AND HEALTHY HOME'
An Open Meeting of the Nottingham Action Group on HMOs
Wednesday 30 November 2016
6.30 pm to 8.30 pm in the
Function Room, Rose & Crown, Derby Road, Lenton, Nottingham
This meeting will include contributions from senior officers from Nottingham City Council's Environmental Health and Housing Strategy teams, and others on a range of topics. The agenda will include:
- An update on additional and mandatory licensing of HMOs;
- An update on selective licensing of HMOs;
- An update on tackling rogue landlords across the city;
- An update on burglary reduction work and partnership with Nottinghamshire Police;
- Possible changes to Housing legislation in 2017 onwards;
The meeting will also act as a signpost for NAG meetings to take place in 2017 on
- the impact of the private rented sector (and HMOs in particular) on neighbourhoods;
- the planning toolkit and enforcement action.
Ward councillors, Council officers, representatives from Nottingham's universities and their students' unions, Community Protection, Nottinghamshire Police, Unipol and EMPO will be invited to take part.
Time will be set aside for questions and answers. However, questions regarding individual cases will not be dealt with in the meeting, but attendees will be able to arrange to discuss specific cases after the main meeting is over.
Everyone is welcome.