NOTTINGHAM UNIVERSITY ACADEMY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY CONSULTATIONS
1 December 2016 to 1 February 2017
The Directors of NUAST draw attenetion to a proposed change to the status and admissions at the Academy. From September 2018, the Board of Directors are proposing tht NUAST accepts a Year 7 intake of 120 students, thereby changing from a 14-18 Academy to being an 11-18 Academy which will, however, continue to specialise in Science, Engineering and IT.
As part of the proposal the Board of Directors are undertaking two statutory consultations running from 1 December 2016 to 1 February 2017. Views are being sought from:
- parents/carers of students who attend the academy,
- parents/carers of rthe students who attend local primary schools,
- other parents in the area,
- other people in the area who may have an interest in the proposed admission arrangements,
- all other admission authorities within the relevant area, including those in neighbouring Local Authority areas.
The Board of Directors will be holding a public meeting at NUAST on Wednesday 11 January 2017 at 5.00 pm. Details of this, the consultation documents, and how to respond to the consultations are available at: